If you plant a garden in your backyard or add a few plants to your bedroom, a little green can enhance any space in any flash. However, those beautiful additions to your home or outdoor space may not always be as reliable as you think. In fact, experts say that many popular plants are toxic to humans and animals and, if not handled properly, can cause serious health problems – even death. Before you harm yourself or your loved ones, read on to find out which popular herbs can kill you.
Related: If you have pets, never bring these plants into your home.
Although it may be beautiful, with flowers resembling Queen Anne’s, it is not only invasive but also toxic.
Although they cannot grow on any property, their invasive nature, like a common weed, can occasionally enter your garden or area. Toxic substances in plants affect the central nervous system, causing death from human and animal respiration, ”says a gardener. Thomas Oruruk, Gardener with Journal of Horticulture. According to Orruk, if you notice water closures on your property, it is a good idea to seek professional advice to avoid illness or damage.
For the latest security news delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our daily newsletter!
Don’t let the beautiful pink flowers deceive you – Oliver is very poisonous.
Eating the plant can be deadly to humans and animals. Although the death toll from oleander is very low, it is known to cause accidental poisoning in many parts of the world, especially in animals. Like horses, dogs, and cattle, ”explains Ororouk, who says he should never grow up with children or pets.
The lily of the valley
This popular flower may look beautiful, but if consumed suddenly, it can cause serious health problems.
“The consequences of putting a beautiful flower in can be especially deadly for children,” he says Pope Paul, A gardener and horticulturist observes that all parts of the plant, including the fruit, are poisonous. He added: “Some of the symptoms that may occur after entering the valley flower may include vomiting, abdominal pain, nausea, and heart palpitations.” From your family.
Strawberries may taste good with pies, jams and other recipes, but rhubarb leaves can be very toxic to humans.
The leaves of the cooking plant contain acid, which is known to form calcium oxalate crystals.[which] It can lead to irritation of the skin, throat, mouth and tongue, and can lead to serious problems such as shortness of breath, sore throat and burning, ”says a hops. Occasionally, even an overdose of rhubarb leaves can be fatal. .
Related – If you see this bug, never touch it without gloves and masks, experts warn.
If you want to protect yourself and your loved ones, be very careful about any fox blast on your property.
“Every part of the fox is very poisonous. The plant contains heart glycosides, which can be very toxic to humans. It can cause the seeds, leaves or stems to have abnormal or slow heartbeat, low blood pressure, rash and abdominal pain.” A hop sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
The colorful flowers and shiny leaves can add to the beauty of your garden, but the daffodil bushes can pose a serious threat to your safety.
“Daphne fruits and twigs are very poisonous. Direct contact with new plant branches can lead to severe rashes and eczema among people who are exposed to the skin, ”says Aps. A.D. Canadian Journal of Plant Science, In addition to any “daffodil” juice, the infiltration of any part of the daffodil plant can be fatal to humans or animals.
Easy to care for and alive, potash plants are a permanent tool in countless families. Unfortunately, the popular plant can pose a serious security risk.
“All potassium contains calcium oxal crystals, which can cause inflammation and swelling in the mouth,” says the gardener. Erin Witz, Co-founder of Races and Spades. Swelling in the mouth and airways can prevent breathing, so any person or animal that has taken the plant should seek medical attention immediately.
Related: 7 things that bring wasps into your backyard, experts say.