Beware of dog poisons growing in your garden – thousands of pets are ‘endangered’ from the dangerous plant bulbs you like to dig and play with.
- Nearly two-thirds of dogs in the UK are at risk from poisonous garden plants
- Some home favorites, including daffodils and tulips, can be dangerous
- It can cause nausea, vomiting, and death if eaten in moderation
Nearby Two-thirds of dogs in England may be exposed to poisonous plants in the garden.
Dogs like to dig light bulbs – similar to the shape of the balls they play with – and are often tempted to chew garden vegetables.
But household favorites, including daffodils and tulips, can be dangerous – nausea, vomiting, and can be fatal if eaten in moderation.
Household favorites, including daffodils and tulips, can be dangerous – nausea, vomiting, and can be fatal if eaten in moderation. Picture – Stock image
A survey of 1,000 dog owners assigned to a charity guide found that 65 percent had poisonous plants in their garden.
One-third of dog owners have planted daffodils, the most widely used poisonous plant.
The bulbs can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and skin disease, and can be fatal. Flowers and even pots can be dangerous for dogs if kept indoors.
They believe that azaleas and rhododendrons are developing, which can cause dogs to breathe or go into a coma.
Dr. Helen Whitseid, director of dog guide research, says: “Our dog friends are curious by nature and explore the world with their amazing smell and taste – if you invite a dog to share your home, you have to make sure it is. A safe place for them. ‘
However, 44 percent said they did not know that dogs would be harmed if they caught pets earlier in the day.
Although many recognize that chocolate dogs are toxic, 41 percent of owners have researched foods that their pets may not have, and 72 percent admit that they never think about plants.
Tim Davis, a leading veterinarian with guide dogs, says: “There are a lot of dangerous plants in the garden.
If a dog suspects that their dog has eaten a poisonous plant, it is important to try to identify what it is and how much it has been used.