The Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust receives requests from organizations seeking financial support for ornamental horticulture projects. Vanderbill University may submit an application To the Gift Program.
The Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust supports education and research in ornamental gardening. The faith seeks to support projects that support additional ornamental plants in organizations that have the following activities.
- The development of research in ornamental gardening and the publication of the results of such research
- Assistance in creating, developing, caring for and maintaining public gardens for educational purposes
- Introduction, development and distribution of ornamental plants for environmental responsibility
- Assistance in publishing books or other works related to ornamental gardening
- Non-formal and / or formal educational activities that promote additional ornamental plants
It supports projects that will continue to conduct research or study in ornamental gardening in North America, South America, Central America, the Caribbean and Australia:
- Development of programs and projects
- Physical improvements
- And, in some cases, general employment and / or wages
The faith does not support donations or indirect expenses. It does not fund projects primarily in agriculture, environmental issues, science education, or gardening.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 and 2021 pandemic targets total operating support requests for up to $ 10,000 from organizations that are in line with their overall needs. An application for general practice support may include the total amount requested, or may meet a project-based funding request. If you are invited, additional instructions will be provided at the Trust’s online help portal.
Trust Recognizes the hardships faced by gardens and other horticultural organizations due to natural disasters (hurricanes, fires, earthquakes, floods, etc.) and receives requests from competent organizations to support the compensation.
Application time: Vanderbilt’s Loine will submit to the sponsor by July 15, 2021. Their lawyers are invited to sponsor eligible organizations that meet the needs of the trustee. The deadline to submit a full proposal is August 16, 2021.
See the instructions and FAQ for more information.
Internal Application Instructions
Interested faculty members should visit https://vanderbilt.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1843308 to apply for internal LSO competition and learn more about the opportunity. The deadline for internal VU competition is June 8, 2021.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process can be directed to VU-LSO@vanderbilt.edu.