Gardeners and amateurs looking for inspiration this summer are lucky in Johnson County.
This is the reason: The Johnson County Extension Master Gardener program does a lot Display gardens Throughout the district.
- These sites serve as an opportunity for residents to see what is growing in the area and to discuss gardening growth with gardeners.
- “It’s basically just to make people realize what they can grow,” says K-State Research and Extension researcher Dennis Patten. “And how to incorporate it into their home setting for a more exciting landscape.”
Where to find display gardens near you
Garden; It is located at K-State Horticulture Research and Extension Bureau 35230 West 135We Street in Olathe.
- It is open to the public, but visitors must enter the office before entering the garden.
- It has a variety of vegetables and fruits, including blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.
Deanna Rose Kids Farmstead: At 137We And in Switzerland, the farm is open from 9 am to 5 pm from April to October.
- The display has a variety of attractions, including a butterfly garden, a children’s garden, and plants and vegetables.
- Visitors can chat with gardeners on Tuesday mornings.
- Admission to the farm is $ 3 for those over three years of age.
Garden Gallery The garden gallery is located at 11811 South Sunset Drive Olathe, K-State Research and Extension Office building.
- It is open all year from 8 am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Extension Master Gardeners can answer questions there on Thursday morning.
- Trees and shrubs are the main focus of the garden, but it contains more than 500 species of plants.
Monet Garden8909 West 179 Overland Park Arborretum and Plant ParkWe Street, a one-hectare monetary garden has many different kinds of plants.
- The garden is open weekly from 8pm to 7pm 30pm.
- The main gardeners are there to answer visit questions on Wednesday and Saturday mornings.
Shawnee Indian Mission Garden On the 53rd and Mission Road in Fairway, the Shawni Indian Mission offers vegetables such as broccoli, potatoes, lettuce and onions.
- The garden is centered on history and has been designated a Government Historic Site and National A historical symbol.
- It is open from 9 a.m.0000-5 00 00 ፡ from Tuesday to Saturday and Sunday from 5:00 p.m.
- Talk to gardeners on Wednesday mornings from March to October.
Shani City Gardens; At 11501 West 57 you can find a vegetable garden and a flower garden.We Street in Shawnee.
- Vegetable contains a variety of herbs used for cooking, medicine, cooking and drinking.
- The flower garden, also known as the country garden, shows annual flowers that are released every year.
- It is open from 9 am-5pm on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- The main gardeners are there to answer questions on Friday morning.
Wassmer Park GardenWassmer Park Garden is open all year round at 6700 Roe Avenue in Private Village.
- The garden was named after Laura Wasmer, former mayor of Pryri.
- The K-State Research and Extension Bureau calls this a “pocket garden” containing more than 400 plant species.
- Volunteers take care of the garden on Monday afternoon.
West Flanders Garden: At 55We And Niman Road is a tribute to Pittsum, Belgium, Shawni’s sister city of West Flanders Park in Shawni, West Flanders Park.
- Open all year round, the garden has a wide variety of plants, including shrubs, fruits, vegetables and herbs.
- The main gardeners are there to answer questions on Thursday morning.
Blue Valley Desert Science Center 163rd And Nal Avenue, this garden is located in Overland Park near Blue Valley Middle School.
- It contains plants from four states in neighboring Kansas.
- This garden is open to the public when there are no rooms.
- Volunteers take care of the gardens on Monday morning.