Planning and licensing gardening community applications

If there is a central area of ​​the horticultural community that includes competent infrastructure in accordance with the Plan Act 2008; And / or a large commercial or commercial park or center with a significant national infrastructure project (NSIP) that can be named in size or importance, and especially when compulsory land acquisition or licensing is required. It can be taken with D.O for the rest of the plan.

If the Gardener Section is led by a developer, the DCO may be developed by the developer and approved by the Planning Inspector General Examiner and the relevant Secretary of State. If there is no political consensus at the local level or there is a serious delay in the planning process, this is an option that some developers may consider, especially since 500 houses can now be included in the DCO from the core NSIP itself.

The government is also considering introducing DCOs to large communities, such as horticultural communities, taking into account the plan. If such proposals are made, then projects do not necessarily need to be guided by infrastructure issues to qualify for the DCO process.

For some transportation infrastructure, the TWAO is another option.

The pros and cons of various licenses should be carefully evaluated, including costs, programs, and the local political environment.

Regardless of the route chosen, a strong environmental impact assessment (EIA) and transportation assessment (TA) are required to strengthen the license application. It is important to keep in mind that temporary assessments may change over time, depending on the nature of the project and the initial requirements. Developers may need to reach an agreement with local authorities as per Section 106 of their agreement to monitor and evaluate the impact and to improve the EIA and TA as needed.

Leave a Comment