- 4:30 pm Friday, August 27 – Fishing and live music at American Legion Post 109.
- 8 a.m. Saturday, August 28 Pancake Breakfast at two ports Moose Lodge.
- From 9 a.m. on Saturday, August 28, Edna G’s tours are also available for an online virtual tour.
- Saturday and Sunday, August 28-29: Family-friendly activities at Paul Van Hoven Park, including children’s backpacks, tug-of-war, face painting, rubber cock throwing, and a color-writing competition.
- 8:45 pm Saturday, August 28 – Fireworks display.
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday Sunday, August 29 at Paul Van Hoven Park.
Movies in the park Screenshots “Tom and Jerry,” PG, Friday, August 27 and “Anointing,” PJ, Sunday, August 29, at Leif Erickson Park. Bring a chair or blanket. Free admission.
Minnesota Ballet School Saturday Sample, Saturday, August 28, Ballet Studios, The Depot, 506 W. Michigan St. No dance clothes are needed for the sample, only comfortable clothing. Presentations and free ice cream will also be social. Masks are needed at Depot and Minnesota ballrooms.
Schedule for sample classes only –
Minnesota Ballet School is enrolling students for Semester I, which runs from September 13 – January 15, for 3 years. Pre-ballet on three levels; Ballet technique in seven stages; Pointer; Jazz, rhythm and fairy tales for the highest levels of ballet; Men’s room; And ABLE, for children with physical / developmental disabilities. Open rooms offer toddlers and adults Ballet dance in two stages, jazz, tap, for youth, Pilates and ballroom. Admission to open courses is available through minnesotaballet.punchpass.com. Call 218-733-7570 or go to mnballet.org.
The 8th District MN Fall Cultural Association Fall Meeting and “Sunny September at Olkot Park Greenhouse, Spring and more!” 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., Sept. 11, Olcot Park, 711 N. Ninth Avenue, Virginia. Coffee and enter the band station at 10 a.m. Greenhouse tours are served at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 2 p.m. Speaker: Rick Julison, MSHS Executive Director. Sunflower competition is planned. During the 10-11 p.m., the exhibition categories include: Large Flower, Small Flower, Most Beautiful Flower and 3 Flower Collection. Exhibitions must provide their own packaging. Cash prizes will be awarded. Park untain history is planned for 1 hour – $ 20 per person. The event is open to all but pre-registration is required by September 3. Makes checks for 8 M.S.H., and to Marilyn Kali, 205 W. 25th St. , Hibbing, MN 55746. Questions and / or late registration questions, call Marilyn at 218-263-3431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.